Rhythm Kids 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Utilizing the Music Together curriculum each week, we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns;
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
• create movement ideas for songs;
• and even take a drum solo!
Utilizing the Music Together curriculum, Rhythm Kids 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument-play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing!
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week.Just add hands!
This is not a drop-off class. The participation of a cherished adult is still important to your child’s musical development. Every activity will be planned with the experienced four and five-year-old in mind.Even if it has been a long time since your child has done Music Together, he or she still has the strong foundation of music competence that we will build on in this class. Feel free to call us at 781-859-8327 to discuss whether this class or the Music Together mixed age class is the right fit for your child. We'd love to have you with us!