What is Music Together®?
- Research based music program for young children
- Specifically trained and registered teachers
- Parents involved (no musical skills required), other family members are welcome (we have Sunday p.m. classes, too!)
- Children participate at their own level
- New music for each semester, including: songbook, CD, parent education materials
- Mixed age classes, birth to kindergarten, Pre-Crawling Babies class and a special class for 4-5 year olds with MT experience
Music Together has an innovative approach to early childhood music development for children from infant to kindergarten age and their parents/caregivers. See what families say:
Developed in 1987 as an educational project of the Center for Music and Young Children in Princeton, NJ, Music Together® is now being taught internationally. Through ongoing research and development, CMYC is committed to helping rediscover the pleasure and educational value of informal music experiences.
The Music Together approach develops every child's basic music competence by experiencing music rather than learning concepts or information about music. We believe that music is as basic a life skill as walking or talking. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep the beat and enjoy participating in our musical culture with confidence. We help facilitate the natural, in-born development of your child's "musical intelligence".
Infants coo, gurgle, and flex their torsos in response to music. Toddlers shake rattles, bounce to the beat, and sing occasional notes. Three-year-olds often have favorite songs and instruments to play and can lose themselves in music. Four-year-olds like to have an effect on the activity - creating ways to move or inventing new words to songs. They may play teacher and lead the family in their favorite activities at home.
Please don't hesitate to call Lenka with any questions: 781-859-8327.
Musical birthday parties are available and fun! Please email Lenka for details.