A Music Together session includes:
- 10 weeks for Mixed-age classes and 8 weeks for Babies.
- 3 make ups per session for classes missed due to illness/ travel etc.
- One additional group make up should we need to cancel due to inclement weather.
- One free visit for a guest or a sibling who is not registered.
- Each 45-minute long class includes songs, rhythmic rhymes, small and large movement, instrument play and a lullaby.
- Activities are presented as informal,
non-performance-oriented musical experiences-developmentally appropriate
for children newborn through 5 and easy for parents and caregivers, regardless of their
own musical ability.
- Two CDs and a beautiful songbook are included!
We'd love to have you join us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like help with scheduling a free trial class or if you have any questions! For a description of the classes and to see a video of a class in action, please visit the About our Classes page.
Child development researchers recommend mixed-age groups because it fosters natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating the older ones in a Music Together ® class, older children learn by leading the younger ones, and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to classes together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. The class provides for a variety of adult-child activities that are fun and offer new ways to play musically at home.
This class has been adapted especially for pre-crawling babies (up to 8 months old)! We will sing, dance and chant in a relaxed environment where parents, care givers and babies strengthen their emotional bond through music. We at Music Together ® believe that all babies are musical. This class will give you tips on how to respond to their musical expressions, how to engage, soothe and energize your baby through singing, even if you think you can't sing! You will find out how music can help with difficult transitions. Moreover, by the end of the 8 week session, you will have built an impressive repertoire of songs to sing for and with your baby!